News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

8PDT Switch: Whoa

Started by culturejam, July 02, 2014, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Apparently it's 4x DPDT actuated by a single push-button.

Maybe now we can finally make a super-multi-version Muff without compromising?

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G20041

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Scruffie

Umm... I think i'll stick to electronic switching, I don't want to de-solder that when it fails  :o
Works at Lectric-FX

Gledison

Wtf???? It needs to be fixed on a side of a 1590bb :S
Cool thou
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Leevibe

That's extremely cool. It's like a big brother version of the kick switches dunlop uses in their wah-body pedals like the rotovibe. They attach it to an external "button" via a piece of flexible tubing. It would be fun to buld something with a kick switch.

Muadzin

Quote from: culturejam on July 02, 2014, 05:58:35 PM
Apparently it's 4x DPDT actuated by a single push-button.

Maybe now we can finally make a super-multi-version Muff without compromising?

First thing I did when I read this was to check the post date. Cause I figured it just had to be an april first joke.

stecykmi

you can get (x)pdt rotary switches fairly often from parallel port switch boxes (where x is 5 to 8 ). i used to find those old boxes in the scrap pile fairly frequently at school, you could probably find them cheap from yard sales/surplus/ebay/etc. plus the boxes themselves are quite nice if you don't mind the holes (being steel, they're harder to drill than aluminum however). the form factor is larger than that pushbutton one, but probably more convenient for stompbox use. 

lincolnic

While I don't know what you'd use this particular switch for, you see similar stuff in console channel strips sometimes.