News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harmonic Percolator - Madbean Pepper Spray (Haberdasher Etch)

Started by cajone5, November 15, 2016, 10:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

I finally got around to building this up this weekend.  I had some low gain Ge transistors lying around and figured "why not".  Well, I'm sure glad I did.  This thing is absolutely awesome!  I wasn't expecting much from the demos and was very pleasantly surprised.  I went with the Albini specs for the resistors and caps but decided to add my own diodes rather than using the unobtanium Ge ones.  It's not as wild as some of the HP demos I've heard but it sure as shit sounds awesome and very different from any distortion or fuzz I've heard.  Definitely going to go on my board.

Transistors - button 2N3565 (smallbear) and DSI OC81D (hfe ~50)
Diodes - Si BAT 46 and Ge 1N34A

Ugh, that solder iron burn on the input wire... smh.

gordo

What a cool looking finish. I really like that. The Fender style knobs are perfect!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Rootz

Yeah, this one looks absolutely great, inside and out. Would love to know how you did this finish.

cajone5

Quote from: Rootz on November 16, 2016, 11:50:43 AM
Yeah, this one looks absolutely great, inside and out. Would love to know how you did this finish.

I can't take credit for it.  I am almost positive I got it from PPP.  It was an enclosure I've had around for a few years now and seemed to fit this project perfectly.

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=101&Category_Code=ENCCS

Translucent copper.

selfdestroyer

Boba7

Coda-effects

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Dminner

Bret608