News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MadBean Zombii Fuzz Build

Started by Cybercow, January 20, 2024, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybercow

MadBean did a fine job on the Zombie Fuzz - a tweaked Fuzz Factory with some fun additions. The included faceplate has space for a couple of SMD LEDs beneath transparent pots with wiring points dramatically close to the bypass LED. Admittedly, wiring up the faceplate was a challenge - but challenge accepted. With the added toggles, one to bypass a short tone stack and one to change the feedback resistance between the two Ge BJTs, this thing has some real ballz. And tho the build specifies a 1590BS (deeper 1590B) or 125B enclosure, I was able to get it all squoze into a 1590B.

Anyway, enough talk . . . .  on to the build pics . . . .
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

jessenator

Nice!

Tidy inside and out. That's got some great finishing touches on it, too. Where did you find the dress nuts?

jimilee

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

gordo

Very nice and some major crammage.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Yeah sorry the faceplate LEDs were a hassle. I did revise the board to make that easier but then I never actually released the project!

Cybercow

No worries at all Brian. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. You had already mentioned, when passing the build notes, that it (the Zombie Fuzz) was never put into real production because of your concern about the faceplate wiring. And TBH, if you moved the wire connection points on the faceplate to a location that doesn't crowd another enclosure drill hole, I think you'd have a better end-product. In fact, the faceplate wire mounting points shouldn't even need to be TTH as the faceplate itself can hide numerous enclosure hole sins and simple solder pads should suffice for attaching the wiring. The faceplate wiring points (or pads) would just need to have their own enclosure drill hole(s) mapped in a location that doesn't conflict with other hardware. Also, I would suggest adding separate wiring points from the PCB to the faceplate. That would make it easier to wire the faceplate instead of cramming the faceplate connection wires in with the bypass LED connections. Just my 2ยข
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

pbrommer1

Great work. Needs more brainz!

Cool faceplate and fun project.