News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero point Mini, single repeat?

Started by orangecountylumbertruck, October 19, 2014, 02:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangecountylumbertruck

I just put together the zero point mini, and so far it sounds great, although it appears my depth and feedback pots don't really do a whole lot.  Using the 1M for the depth which I would assume is for the number of repeats, and the feedback 25K pot did seem to kind of give a faint ghost, then I changed R18 to a 1K from 2K as I read in another post to give a more infinite delay....now feedback doesnt seem to do much....I tested the 1M pot I'm using and swapped it with Rate pot (which seems to work just fine) and have the same issue.....any additional ideas?  My soldering looks alright I suppose....I even swapped a pt2399 just to be sure, same deal. 

Is it normal to only get 1 repeat?

kothoma

Quote from: orangecountylumbertruck on October 19, 2014, 02:48:49 AM
Using the 1M for the depth which I would assume is for the number of repeats

No, that's for the vibrato depth.

the feedback 25K pot

That one controls the number of repeats.

Is it normal to only get 1 repeat?

No, you are loosing your feedback signal somewhere. Check (audio probe) everything in your path from R17 to R18. It's either a bad component, a solder bridge to ground, or some discontinuity.

orangecountylumbertruck

I reflowed the pots I had been swapping out, and low and behold this morning I have multiple repeats.  I also realize that maybe an audio taper would be good for the feedback pot, or maybe putting in a slightly larger pot to get a better sweep. This pedal is really awesome!

I'm not totally convinced I had a bad connection, I think this might have been more user error.... :-)