News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Sardine Tin (#1) | [Univox Super-Fuzz-like]

Started by jessenator, February 14, 2023, 01:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 30, 2023, 05:28:31 PM
I love the simplicity of your artwork for this, it looks amazing!

I love the Univox Super-Fuzz and attempted to make one a couple times but never liked how the transistors played together. It's so damn picky if I remember right. I need to revisit this circuit. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hey thanks for the kind words! I've been enjoying it immensely, and even been tinkering with modifications that are out there. I'm very much a fan for most of the ones I've tried, especially adding a trimmer on the clipping diodes. Without it the output is rather transparent in my pedal chain, so it's nice to have some increased levels.

It's also been fun to play around with various NPNs and values to see/hear what I get.

blearyeyes

I know this is an old thread but I wanted say how nice your pedal looks and sounds. I'm looking forward to  building the one you Piffed me. It really covers a lot of ground sonically. Great job Chris!

jessenator

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 05, 2024, 11:55:03 AM
I know this is an old thread but I wanted say how nice your pedal looks and sounds. I'm looking forward to  building the one you Piffed me. It really covers a lot of ground sonically. Great job Chris!
Sincerely, thank you, Dan. That means a lot.
I hope you enjoy it!