News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Polytrog-EHX Polyphase

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 05, 2022, 02:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here it is after all this time. First and foremost I want to thank Brian for this amazing project. Second I want to give a shout-out to my man Gordo. He's a solid dude and a hell of a builder and I got close to getting a full build report before him on the Archibald but I finally got it. Thanks for motivating me Gordo!
  This thing is a beast. Very little to bias which is great, and it really comes down to personal preference on the envelope. I have mine set to 6.3v currently. It's a packed board and I wanted no issues, so everything was measured before soldering. Slow and steady means no troubleshooting. It fired right up and man was it a glorious noise. I got a set of the original vactrols a while back and was kinda bummed when I saw Brian's build where they didn't fit great, even though he liked the slightly better than the xvive reissues. I was going to make them work. Here you can see what I did. I soldered longer leads on the LED side on the vactrol on the middle one and positioned them so that the fit. It worked well if you have the original vactrols and want to use them.

It's a tight fit inside the box but it's laid out well and I'm super happy how it came out. The enclosure is the one I did in the UV printing tutorial and it came out stellar. Matte white tayda enclosure with Kitty Pryde  and Lockheed. If you can build this then build it. The depth and headroom is fantastic, the envelope is so good and fun and it's a fantastic optical phaser than dethroned the glasshole as my favorite optical phaser. I included two short sound clips for anyone wondering what each mode does and sounds like.

Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

This came out so good. I love the envelope sound

Paradox916

Awesome build, really knocked that one out of the park. Sounds fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie_rock123

Smashed that one, great demos too!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

cooder

Awesomeness super clean fab soundz! Very cool indeed! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hirti

Wow, what a clean looking build  :D

jimilee

Very cool, I love that song. When I was gigging, it was one of my favorites to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Awesome build, Chris!  Appreciate the thorough build report and demo, above and beyond.   8)

gordo

That looks SO good and great demos!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the kind words from so many of the builders I have learned from and look up to. It really means a lot to me.
Who the hell is Bucky?

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Bret608

Somehow I stumbled across your clips for this on YouTube before I even saw this build report! I agree, it really does sound great. Beautiful build.