News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rolo's Twin Peaks Tremolo

Started by selfdestroyer, April 08, 2016, 02:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

FINALLY, I have been sitting on this populated board and etched enclosure for moths and I finally had a block of time to get it all squared away. I actually used this PCB tons on my test rig and never seemed to find the time to box it up. I went simple with this etch for 2 reasons, I had a hell of a time trying to think of artwork for it and there is just not much room after all the controls are placed in a 1590BB. I went with a simple Twin Peaks logo and shot it with some red metallic paint. I am really happy with the results.

The top knobs are Eagle Plastics and the bottom knob is a random one I had laying around. Not sure where I got it from.

The lighting in my room made my shag carpet look "sickly" in the first shot. lol sorry.

Gut:

Cody

chuckbuick

Nice work!  I've spent hours working on the graphics for my build.  It's tough fitting it all in.  Those controls have a lot to say.

stringsthings

Looks very nice to me.  Mine is in the works.

I'm curious to know what you used to hold the two boards together.

All You Need Is Love

BrianS

Great looking build. Mine hasn't received a lot of love either. It's boxed and working but not finished. I believe you just gave me the incentive to get on this.

Stringsthings you can use nylon screws. I wired mine together with solid hookup wire and used no screws and it really doesn't move.

Bret608

This is a beauty...unicorn DNA, lol!

selfdestroyer

Thanks people. The more I play with this thing the more I love it. I do have a little ticking in the "Black Face" setting now that its boxed, so I may chase that down this weekend.

Quote from: stringsthings on April 08, 2016, 12:31:35 PM
Looks very nice to me.  Mine is in the works.
I'm curious to know what you used to hold the two boards together.

I actually just made little legs from solid copper wire. I was being lazy but it actually worked out well.

Cody

culturejam

Beautiful work, Cody!

How did you do the etching?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on April 09, 2016, 09:12:37 PM
Beautiful work, Cody!

How did you do the etching?

Thanks CJ. I just used my normal reverse etch method (in my signature). Nothing special, just lots of negative space since the design was so small and took my time not to burn out the text.

Cody

culturejam

Awesome! Looks like it was done with a laser.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

AntKnee

Someone gave you moths to sit on it? How strange. ;D

Great job, as usual, Cody!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

drolo

Nice build :-)
Try increasing C21 (I sometimes go up to 1uF) to round the edges of the square wave a bit. Might help with the ticking.
Sometimes strapping a small cap across the volume trimmer helps too (around 220p to 330p should be OK)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: drolo on April 11, 2016, 08:35:15 AM
Nice build :-)
Try increasing C21 (I sometimes go up to 1uF) to round the edges of the square wave a bit. Might help with the ticking.
Sometimes strapping a small cap across the volume trimmer helps too (around 220p to 330p should be OK)

Thanks David. I will try that out for sure.

Cody

gül

This is such a sweet pedal! Everything about it is beautiful.