Main Menu

T-Bagger

Started by MarcFive, April 27, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcFive

What a name for a pedal, that was named after such an awesome artist. :(
[/URL]
[/img]

Anyway, first build report (attempt). I built this with a separate switched clipping section on a small vero-
board. I socket-ed the mosfets wired as diodes, and the diodes. I also socket-ed the op-amp and transistor.
I think I settled on the 2n7000 mosfet and 1N914 diodes for clipping. Switched.

The op amp I went with the LF353m and the 2SC1815 Transistor. I got some of those from Thai Shine (TAYDA)
but you could tell by looking at them they weren't going to sound good. Ended up finding some original Toshiba
ones that did the trick.
[/URL]
[/img]
For the Cross I used 6 led's sandwiched between a board, and the enclosure, and let me tell you, it'll poke your eye's out.

When I first built the pedal, I did a quick listen, swapped some parts around and wasn't knocked out. But Haberdasher
asked how I liked it, when I thanked him for some help, and I realized I should probably contribute a report. Glad I did. This is fastly becoming my favorite pedal. Ya I guess I made up fastly... I dig what it does in the sparkly clean
section of my Mesa Mark V. The crunch is awesome, and it does get to that cranked Marshall zone.

Thanks to all those who made it so simple for me to endeavor to build my own gear. It's 3 am pictures don't work right, posting anyway. Feel free to educate...

Haberdasher

Cool man.  I always wondered about this circuit!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS