News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cutting PCB's the easy way

Started by billstein, March 10, 2013, 06:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Had some points on my Amazon CC and picked up a wet tile saw. This thing whizzes through PCB's and because it is wet it cuts down on all the fiberglass dust being thrown around. I am impressed.

http://www.amazon.com/SKIL-3540-02-4-2-Amp-7-Inch-Tile/dp/B003HIWR08/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1362897598&sr=8-4&keywords=wet+tiles

selfdestroyer

Very cool.. post some results in pictures if you get a chance.. I am interested in this also.

Thanks

stevie1556

Me too! Pics of the results would be great! Just looked on amazon and the cheap one is only £45 so could be worth a try.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

billstein

I'll try to figure out how to do photos. Basically it's just a straight piece of PCB board.

selfdestroyer

Questions came to mind. What thickness of PCB are you using? Is it laminated? Are you using the guide on the saw to get a straight cut or having to do it by hand?

billstein

I've used both 1 oz and 5 oz goes through both like butter. I am using the guide, so the cuts are perfectly.

I discovered this method through Google. There are a lot of people out there using it.

billstein

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 11, 2013, 09:55:17 AM
Questions came to mind. What thickness of PCB are you using? Is it laminated? Are you using the guide on the saw to get a straight cut or having to do it by hand?

I just noticed a thread where you etch face plates. I want to try that also, so I got the saw to be able to make perfectly straight cuts.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: billstein on March 11, 2013, 05:53:09 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 11, 2013, 09:55:17 AM

I just noticed a thread where you etch face plates. I want to try that also, so I got the saw to be able to make perfectly straight cuts.

Awesome. I'm just starting out trying it also. I'm using .30 so I cut it with scissors but I am really interested in trying your method. I just need to see if I have the room for another device around my bench.