News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CE-2 questions

Started by aballen, March 18, 2013, 01:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I'm working on a CE-2 clone using the tonepad layout an I have a few questions about this layout,  I'm hoping one of you guys know this chorus well enough to help me out.

1. It's saysTL022 for the Op Amp.  The closest I have us a TL062.  The pork barrel also uses a 62 am I ok doing the same?
2. What is an RD11EB diode?  I think it is a 5.1 v Zener.   Are there any good substitutes?
3. Can I run this at 18v?  I think I would like to stick a charge pump in it and run it at 18 if it will work.
4. Is there a way to mod this for stereo out?  I did this for my small clone and I really like it.

Thanks guys... Still need a few parts and this will be ready for testing.

aballen

Oh and last q, what is RPD ?  There are jumpers there, I don't know why.

PimpMyTone

1. Im pretty sure you can use a tl062 . The original CE-2 uses a tl022 . Ive tried the tl022 in my pork barrel but it added a strange noise .

2. RD11EB is a 11 volt zener diode and I dont understand why they use it on the tonepad clone . From what I understand Boss uses 11v zener in the ce-2 because of the ACA power supply wich was a 12 volt .

3. You cant run this at 18v but you can run it up to 15 volts . However the 11 volt zener will not permit it , you will probably have to not use it ( need some other advices on that ) .

4. Dont know sorry .

And for the rpd, i Think it s a pull down resistor .
Simon

aballen

hrm... do I even need a 12v zener if I'm running it at 9v?

I do have 9.1V zeners, perhaps I should use that in its place?

As for the RPD what should I put in there, I do want to run this as true bypass.  I've noticed the kingslayer has an RPD and uses a 2M2 for RPD, would that be a good value?

aballen

Ok, I think I'm adding a RoadRage to the mix and running it off of 12V.  With a regulated power supply I dont think the zener is even necessary

Anyone have any idea what to do with RPD?

nieradka

Its just a resistor to drain off the caps when bypassed, so you dont get a pop when turning it on. If you get a pop, try a 1M or greater to taste.

I left the zener diode off, with no ill effects, if the powersupply is 9v or regulated, I cant see it mattering.