News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Global Annoucements / Re: Forum issues
Last post by Aentons - Today at 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: Aentons on May 15, 2024, 04:54:52 PMThe unread posts page doesn't immediately clear once I've visited, it takes a little while.

This seems to be working for me now.
Open Discussion / Re: Current lover
Last post by lars - Today at 09:10:52 PM
I believe it's closest relative is the EH-5101 version, better known as the "V6 9volt" from 1981.
In my personal experience with the Electric Mistress circuit, the typical booster that gets tacked onto the end of the circuit of every clone I've seen is a poor choice to overcome the volume drop issue people complain about. The booster increases the sound, but it also increases the BBD noise, since it comes AFTER the BBD. I also feel it alters the "electric mistress tone", which can only be fully achieved when you leave the circuit after the BBD alone.
A much better solution to increase the gain is to boost the clean signal level BEFORE the BBD, which is exactly what was done in the 1999 Deluxe version. By simply adding the 3.6k, 10k resistors and 1uf cap seen off pin 2 and 6 of IC1a here:  clean boost in place of the straight connection between pin 6 and pin 2 off IC1a of the Current Lover schematic, you get a massive amount of clean boost! You'll probably have to put a trimmer in for the 10k resistor because it seriously bumps up the output of the circuit without adding BBD noise. (It works almost exactly like the resistor/cap combo off the cathode of a valve, which you can adjust the gain). With that modification, the entire circuit after R19 on the Current Lover schematic becomes unnecessary. R19 would be your output point, just like the original Electric Mistress, and to my ears, just sounds more correcter  :)
Yessir, once a jack is grounded to the enclosure, they're all grounded, assuming you're using metal jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm finally getting close to finishing up Diablo Chris's Sagan Delay from the 2016 run - yeah, I'm a bit slow and don't work fast either. Initially I intended to ignore the Send and Return jacks but once I discovered the extra room in a 1590DD and read Chris's comment in the build doc about using them with an Electro-Harmonix Nano Stone phaser I changed my mind. The build doc has the line "GND - Courtesy ground. Can be connected to the input jack to ground all the jacks." Does that mean I can run one wire from there to the input jack ground and I'm done? That slow guy in my head seems to think I should do a daisy chain connecting Input, Output, Send, and Return grounds, but he's the reason I've been messing with this for so long.

Thanks,
Chuck
Tech Help - Projects Page / Re: LectricFx Dandy Horse Musi...
Last post by Pish - Today at 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 22, 2024, 08:15:54 PMIf there are no markings on the bottom of the board, nope. It will only go in 2 ways and both sides do the same thing.

Thank you
Last post by jimilee - May 22, 2024, 08:15:54 PM
If there are no markings on the bottom of the board, nope. It will only go in 2 ways and both sides do the same thing.

Last post by Pish - May 22, 2024, 08:02:36 PM
Does it matter which way up the rotary switch is?

Asking as the pins are numbered.

Cheers
Open Discussion / Re: wish me luck
Last post by lars - May 21, 2024, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: jessenator on May 15, 2024, 06:56:09 PMI'll have to get their thoughts on soldering (lead, fumes, etc.)
Give them the truth. Lead solder = good.
RoHS compliant lead-free solder = fix it again and again and again which exposes you to more fumes, burns, and malfunctioning pcbs that cause electrical fire hazards, etc.
Last post by djaaz - May 21, 2024, 09:44:33 AM
It's been better here. there is still significant delay between a post and its appearance and other basic stuff but the login issue are mostly gone. I removed the madbean cookies on chrome but i'm not sure that was the solution.
Last post by madbean - May 21, 2024, 01:25:15 AM
Thanks again guys. I'm going to get on top of this later this week. I'll either get it solved or look into migrating the forum. This is beyond dumb.