News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What to look out for as a beginner?

Started by brand0nized, July 10, 2013, 04:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brand0nized

Have a whole list of pedals that I want to start building! Never built a pedal before, but meddled around in electronics. Just some-what successfully built my first electric guitar.

What are the biggest things to look out for when building pedals that a beginner would overlook?

jkokura

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to things like you're asking for. Why don't you take some time and read through the threads found here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=20.0! Probably lots of answers to stuff you haven't wondered, but it's a place to start.

We occasionally get questions like yours, and generally they've been answered well in the past. Perhaps you could use the search function to find out if some of those answers would help you out?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

And then post a few pictures of the guitar, love to see it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brand0nized

Oh Yes! Some help on the guitar would be great. My last step would be to ground the switch. I have no clue how to set it up, so my DIY only goes electronically.

Thank you for your welcome, but I've actually been around for over a year, I've just only talked about building things because of my bad procrastinating. But atleast I started!