News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aqua Boy ICs

Started by CRBMoA, March 23, 2010, 09:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRBMoA

I have a source for the v571, v3205 and the v3102.

Does anyone have a preferred source for the LF353N?

Thanks

BTW- If this is the wrong place for this, can someone move it??

cb

madbean

Just the right place for such a question! Here's where I get mine:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/LF353N/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtCHixnSjNA6G0eybOXVM50bjg2XaKk1dM%3d

Also, it does not have to be an LF353N. Any quality low noise dual op-amp would suffice, including a TL072, NE5532 and probably even a TL062 (low current version of the 72).

pandadandan

I'm going to stuff in an OP275 when I finally finish my Aqua Puss clone.  Mainly because I managed to score a bunch when Analog Devices had them in its free sample programme.   ;D

madbean

Yep, I think that's what they used in the first run. Good score...they are pretty expensive now.

CRBMoA

Cool! I ordered a couple of TL072CPs this week.

Not because I knew I could use them for this, but because I have seen the TL072 on a lot of layouts, so I figured I should start stocking up.

Yay for me!
;D ;D ;D

madbean

Just my $.02's here: I really like TL072s for signal processing stuff like choruses, eq's and so on. They are a very useful, general purpose low noise op-amp. But, I really don't like them at all for any overdrive or distortion based effects. They sound too smooth to me. So, I suggest maybe stocking up on a few other types like the NE5532, LF353N, TL2272 and JRC4558. All of these sound great and would be good subs in OD type effects.

CRBMoA

I am at work, so I admittedly am not doing my homework here, but are these Op Amps with similar pinouts, or do I need to mod to use different ones?

madbean

AFAIK, the pin-outs of all dual op-amps are standardized. I've never come across one that didn't have pin4 as Vgg and Pin8 as Vcc. So, they are all interchangeable.

Single and Quad amps are different in pin-out but are also standardized.

CRBMoA

You now know why I like to add SIP sockets to every order! :P

j.a.rivera

Hey guys.
Can any you that have built the Aquaboy tell me about how much all the parts ran you?

Thanks

madbean

All the components might run you $25-30 (if you are using the v3205). That's a guess, though.