News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

i'm looking for EHX DMM font

Started by pietro_moog, May 01, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_moog

hi guys, i just finished my dirtbag deluxe pcb and now it's time to make the graphics.
do you guys know what font EHX uses on the DMM? i'm looking for the deluxe part and the memory man both

thanks guys

2tonewarrior

Quote from: pietro_moog on May 01, 2012, 09:52:41 PM
hi guys, i just finished my dirtbag deluxe pcb and now it's time to make the graphics.
do you guys know what font EHX uses on the DMM? i'm looking for the deluxe part and the memory man both

thanks guys

Sorry, can´t help you. But i suggest to post it in the WhatTheFont Forum. I´ve asked for a font a couple of times and it has been very useful for me.

Haberdasher

ehx fonts were discussed briefly in this thread
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3993.0

not sure if that's what you need though...

someone also posted the entire homemade graphic for a memory man on the forum.  so somebody here must know the font.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

derevaun

I researched this quite a bit and concluded that there isn't a single font that will work for the DMM. I think the consensus is that the folks at EHX took existing typefaces (and there were a shit-lot of available faces back then) and in many cases modified them to come up with the logos.

For the DMM, you can get pretty close with Blippo, flipping some letters and slicing others. The DMM logo's letters are quite a bit more squared off than Blippo, but IMHO it's not necessary to get it spot on unless you'll be comparing the approximation alongside the original. You just need to get close enough to be convincing, which is a little less work.

I stopped looking after deciding I'm not ready to hunt down the BBDs to build a DMM style pedal, but not before I hacked together a faux logo. If nothing better surfaces, I'd be happy to make an Inkscape compatible image with the real words.

alanp

Pretty close is still going to set most people's 'slightly off' button going, if they're familiar with the original.

I'd probably go for obvious homage, but use your own font and pull it off with style.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

guycapuano

SO THEY CREATED THER OWN FONT? PRETTY COOL  ;D

icecycle66

Companies often make their own font, and colors too.  They can tradmark or copyright particular fonts and colors.

Somewhat related to this, I am looking for EHX knobs.  Not the older ones, whatever those are, the nice smooth, cylidrical plastic ones that are just the right size.
Anybody have a source?

pietro_moog

Quote from: icecycle66 on May 02, 2012, 07:17:41 PM
Companies often make their own font, and colors too.  They can tradmark or copyright particular fonts and colors.

Somewhat related to this, I am looking for EHX knobs.  Not the older ones, whatever those are, the nice smooth, cylidrical plastic ones that are just the right size.
Anybody have a source?

i don't know, where are you? US or EU?
banzai in EU has a few of them, i'm not sure that's what you're looking for or whether the price is fair

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Pointer/

Mike @ Rawkworks

Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

icecycle66

midwayfair

Chi_Boy

This is a work in progress, but it might help.  I'm planning to use it for mine, but I'm not at that stage yet.