News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer and RAH

Started by murdog47, September 30, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Both sound rrreeeallllyyy good! Kingslayer may just be my new favorite OD. Brian really knocked it out of the park. Used 3mm LEDs, 1n34a's, and asymmetrical BAT46's. RAH sounds best through humbuckers and has a great Zep sound. No knobs on the Kingslayer yet, still undecided.

midwayfair

hehe "othership."

Nice builds and super clean as usual. Just wondering ... couldn't decide on knobs for the Kingslayer, or preferred the blank look? Black aluminum would look really nice if you just couldn't decide.

murdog47

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

murdog47

Thanks! I think I need to take another picture of the RAH...this one is a little blurry

lincolnic

My favorite thing about that RAH is that it looks like the middle knob controls the amount of Led Zeppelin.

alanp

I love how the stomp looks like one of those old, massive WW2 spotlights, perched on top of the RAH.

As for the Kingslayer... the more I think about it, the more I think I'll wire mine up like that in a BB.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Very nice builds... great work!

juansolo

Most excellent. How are you doing the decals on the RAH? Great pro look!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Very nice builds... I love the RAH dude!

I agree about Humbuckers with the circuit as well; Catalinbread tuned it just right to get that Page Les Paul + Hiwatt tone.

I'm ordering myself a KingSlayer when the Nautilus is released later this month; two epic new projects from Madbean!

murdog47

Thanks for the kind words everyone  :) For the RAH layout I imported the artwork from the Mothership album into Inkscape.  I printed it onto sticker paper and made sure the edges were black so they would blend with my satin black enclosure. Used a satin clear coat over the top  ;D

Bret608

Black aluminum would look sweet on the Kingslayer. Alternately, the "synth pointer #2" in black from Smallbear could look really cool. They're the ones that are kind of like Boss knobs without the skirt.

Did you use a white sticker paper on the RAH? If so, what kind? I like how you were able to get the font to show up in white.

Also, I really like the enclosure color on the Kingslayer. What is that one?

murdog47

Yep, it's white sticker paper, not sure what brand it was...I ordered it online a long time ago. The Kingslayer color is PPP's Mercedes Blue.

morbidalex666

How abou an inside pic of your beautiful RAH?