News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black '65 Wampler

Started by pryde, December 24, 2012, 02:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Finally boxed up the Black 65 project. Big thanks to Madbean for creating the nice layout and Haberdasher for the always excellent etched pcb

The graphic features a "blackface grill" below and a 6L6 pinout diagram on top in homage to Fender. This is just a FANTASTIC overdrive. It is so dynamic and musical. A must build if you like the blackface sound and then some. The TMB controls are very responsive as well. When I turn the mids up it sounds very close to my 5E3 Tweed when cranked. Cut the mids and up the bass a bit and its all blackface again  ;D

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bassman

Very cool!  I have this on my "to do" list.. perhaps it is time to get started on it!  Love the graphic!

jtn191

sweet visuals, congrats on a nice lookin build!

pickdropper

Yeah, definitely on my to do list.

Build looks great!
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

wolfingsworth

Nice looking build! Now I am definitely going to build one of these. Also I think this is the first build report for this project so kudos to you.

whitebread47

Really nice build, man!  I think you've sold me on building one as well; time to hit Keefe up for an etch or two.  ;D
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

AllenM

Nice job indeed. Love the graphics. Where did you get the TMB knobs?

AllenM

pryde

Quote from: AllenM on December 24, 2012, 05:10:42 AM
Nice job indeed. Love the graphics. Where did you get the TMB knobs?

AllenM

Thanks. The small knobs are just Davies 1900 clones. Here you go:
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SK1000HBK-p/700-1600.htm

bigrigg

That is a tidy build.  Great graphics.  You are tempting my solder gun.  Stop it.

TNblueshawk

Wow, that looks great man. Excellent job.
John

nzCdog

Great build!  Love the knobs choice and layout.. wd :)

garfo

Hi, nice build man, congrats.Do you hear some background floor noise on your build?as if you could hear the trannys working or something?because mine does that...
Quote from: pryde on December 24, 2012, 02:49:04 AM
Finally boxed up the Black 65 project. Big thanks to Madbean for creating the nice layout and Haberdasher for the always excellent etched pcb

The graphic features a "blackface grill" below and a 6L6 pinout diagram on top in homage to Fender. This is just a FANTASTIC overdrive. It is so dynamic and musical. A must build if you like the blackface sound and then some. The TMB controls are very responsive as well. When I turn the mids up it sounds very close to my 5E3 Tweed when cranked. Cut the mids and up the bass a bit and its all blackface again  ;D

raulduke

Love it!

Love the faux grill too!