News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buying Electro Caps Question

Started by AllenM, February 09, 2014, 11:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

I like them, I've used another brand too but forget which, nichicon or something like that
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Blues Healer

those look fine to me ... just note that there are a few bi-polar ones in that list. I'd also pay attention to the lead spacing, depending on what circuit you're using.

I usually like Panasonic or nichicon ... I've been shopping for stock lately, and Panasonic has pretty good pricing for 100
"music heals"

rullywowr

These will work just fine.   Diameters for most of the electros we use (1uF thru 47uF) should be around 5mm until you get up to about 100uF (then 6.3mm diamteter).  If you get lower voltages (like 16v or 25v), they will be shorter.  11mm is the typical height but bonus if you can get them in 7mm or lower heights and still get voltages like 25v or 16v.  You may want to see the datasheets to see if they come with kinked or straight leads, and packaging like on tape vs bulk in a bag.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: rullywowr on February 10, 2014, 02:39:42 AM
These will work just fine.   Diameters for most of the electros we use (1uF thru 47uF) should be around 5mm until you get up to about 100uF (then 6.3mm diamteter).  If you get lower voltages (like 16v or 25v), they will be shorter.  11mm is the typical height but bonus if you can get them in 7mm or lower heights and still get voltages like 25v or 16v.  You may want to see the datasheets to see if they come with kinked or straight leads, and packaging like on tape vs bulk in a bag.

Wish I had Information like this when I first started. Great info for all.