News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Build Reports / Re: Queen, Clone, Pickles.
Last post by jimilee - Today at 05:05:41 PM
Woo hoo, nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last post by Aleph Null - Today at 04:43:06 PM
Looking good! How do you like the screen printing service?
Last post by Willybomb - Today at 04:01:22 PM
Gutshots as there's a limit on the number of fines in the OP.
Build Reports / Queen, Clone, Pickles.
Last post by Willybomb - Today at 03:59:11 PM
Scream Queen (Jimilee's King of Scream).
Clontaur (Pedalpcb Cliche Mini/klon)
Throbbing Brown Machine (Pedalpcb Gerkin/Swollen Pickle)

TBM was a commission job.  Everything else is me working through my backlog.

I used an NS/XX for the Scream Queen while it's a B sized pcb, I prefer BBs to be in portrait whereas the NS is roughly 2x125b side by side and I prefer that footprint.  Pots could have been spread out, but I kept them pcb mounted.

Still got no inspiration for artwork.  Enclosures are tayda drill/powdercoat/UVprints.

Willy.

Build Reports / Re: Double Fraudhacker build
Last post by zombie_rock123 - Today at 02:25:50 PM
Amazing looking builds mate, and you're spot on about the HF sounding hifi, love the shootout.

Someone send that video to Xvive as justification for remaking the chips, stat!
Build Reports / Double Fraudhacker build
Last post by Thewintersoldier - Today at 01:10:52 PM
A double feature. I have been sitting on these boards since last summer with the plans to build them. I ordered the enclosures last fall. All the parts set aside since September. I finally got around to it. I have built both of these before but was tired of having to choose which one would be for bass or guitar so I now have one of each for my guitar and bass boards. LFG

The only real difference between the two circuits is the BBD IC. The Bf-2 uses the MN3207 and the HF-2 uses the MN3204. The 3204 has half the delay stages and therefore shifts the modulated frequencies higher and leaving lower frequencies unmodulated. This gives the HF-2 a more hifi integrated sound, and closer to a Mistress.

Both builds are built on the Brian's fraudhacker boards and are super quiet. For enclosures I used tayda 1590BB2 boxes with UV prints. Shout-out to Stompboxparts for always having me covered with ICs and my favorite 3pdt switches. For my video comparison I didn't want to just repost my old video and it gave me a chance to take my new interface for a test drive since my old one decided to take a shit after just over 2 years. Should you have the opportunity to find a mn3204 jump on it because the HF-2 should be built.
Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Build Reports / Re: Boom Boom Brassmaster
Last post by TNblueshawk - Today at 01:03:40 PM
That is so cool of her to take the time to reply let alone send a pic.
Last post by jwin615 - Today at 12:54:05 PM
That's awesome. Lotta love for the brass master here as well. The whole circuit is unique with the rectifier/carrier freq thing.
I gave my last build away for a base buddy. I think I have 1 PCB left.
Experiment with an EQ in front. Pushing a little more low end at the input can help get more beef in the output. I've wondered if beefing up some of the decoupling caps would aid in getting more clean bass through.
Anyway, great looking build. Be careful loaning it out. :)
Open Discussion / Re: New to Pedal Building and ...
Last post by marcosandrew - May 27, 2024, 07:57:46 AM
Quote from: jwin615 on May 24, 2024, 01:00:03 PMWelcome to the board and the hobby!
Where to post a question kinda depends on the nature of the question.
Tech help is more reserved for madbean projects specifically.
How do I? Subforum is more for process specific questions.
General Questions is kinda everything else. But there's no hard rules or anything. I would suggest keeping madbean project questions in the tech help area as Brian(bean) may be more likely to see them and see sooner.
Here, diystompboxes and the pedalpcb forum are all great resources both to ask questions and search for information. It's always a good idea to search for a given project before building as you may find mods, substitutions or other ideas from previous builds that will be useful.
I would recommend reading through resources, regardless. Also, build an audio probe, see The tutorials section:
https://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/index.html
Instructions in the prototyping rig doc, but all are good reads.
Good info in the PPCB wiki as well
https://wiki.pedalpcb.com/wiki/Main_Page
Also read over Brian's build docs. He writes some of the best and there's always good info there to learn from. Even just reading some of the older ones in the archives can be beneficial.
See amzfx as well
https://www.muzique.com/
Welcome. And remember, a hot iron for short bursts and don't melt your 3pdt.

Hi jwin615

Thank you for the warm welcome and guidance. I'll be sure to post my questions in the appropriate subforums and explore the suggested resources. I'll also look into building an audio probe and reading through Brian's build docs and other tutorials.

Appreciate the tips.
Last post by BryGuy - May 26, 2024, 11:40:07 PM
Super cool. I need to watch that documentary about the wrecking crew again.