News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Parts Order Shipping Fun (Mouser Content)

Started by AllenM, February 18, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

Not a rant or complaint.. mainly a funny observation

So Sunday I put together a massive parts order $272.00 (for me anyways) from Mouser. It inlcuded resistors, caps, etc. I get an email Monday showing a seperate order basically saying they forgot to include (2) of the resistors values and were sending them in a seperate package. So today some boxes so up at the office and I am all excited... (1) box from Mouser and (1) box from Smallbear! Let the building begin.. then I notice the Mouser box is very small and lite.. its just the (2) resistor values they forgot in the original order.. I look at the box and they shipped them Priority 1 - day.. I have to wonder how much they just spent on shipping $1.08 worth of parts!?! I laugh and check on line and the other package has no tracking yet but I hope it will show up tomorrow and then the fun can begin :)

What really makes this funny to me is that I live in Fort Worth, TX and Mouser is in Mansfield, TX... they are 26 minutes from my office... I should see if they offer will-call and just run there during lunch next time I need something :) The USPS likes to ship stuff across town and then back again taking 2-3 days to deliver a local package.

selfdestroyer

I had this happen also. I think Mouser sends the "forgotten package" with expedited shipping so it makes in around the same time of the original package. In your/my case the expedited one get to us first. Made me do a double take also.

Cody

alanp

Waiting on a Mouser order myself. I didn't want to pay extra, so I chose to wait until all parts came in stock. So resultingly, I'm waiting till 15april. What rare, exotic part incurs this wait?

1MOhm smd resistors.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

rullywowr

Quote from: alanp on February 18, 2014, 11:35:06 PM
Waiting on a Mouser order myself. I didn't want to pay extra, so I chose to wait until all parts came in stock. So resultingly, I'm waiting till 15april. What rare, exotic part incurs this wait?

1MOhm smd resistors.

How many do you need?  I have both 0603 and 0805. PMed

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!