Cardinal Deluxe (4-modes!) and another Blue Warbler V2 ... inexplicably in red.

Started by midwayfair, April 08, 2014, 02:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

A couple customer builds.

Cardinal with all four pots external and one of the tiny 2P4T switches to do all four modes -- those switches are the same size as a potentiometer, so it was pretty easy to fit. I just bent the pins down. Works great because you only really need one side of the switch, so if you wanted to get really fancy and change something else, the other pole could probably have been used. I could probably use them in a 1590A build, even, as they're about the same height as a pot with a dust cover once I put 3M tape on them.

Other things: This has my current biasing preference (6V on all FETs, rather than the attenuated Q1) and 2N5457s in all three, and the customer uses british style amps, so I just removed the bypass cap on Q2. Using real FETs makes a big difference in the gain structure ... still kicking myself over those Tayda FETs.

And another Blue Warbler version 2 -- this has my final preference for the depth pot from the build document, and the super slow speed pot (100K), which sounds SUPER smooth at the lowest setting. Maybe someday I'll get to build myself one. I don't have any in the house anymore, not even my version ones. :P

lincolnic

selfdestroyer

Love the paint job as usual Jon... I still get comments about the Nature Dweller I bought from you. Your design is always an eye catcher.

Also, now I can see what you were telling me about the 2P4T are the same size of a pot. Makes sense now.

I etched up a Blue Warbler v2 board but I just need some bench time to populate it.

Cody

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

nzCdog

Dang you churn out that artwork like it's easy.  Looks awesome Jon

midwayfair

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Stomptown

wgc

Suite...!  That switch is a great idea, and the birds look awesome
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

rullywowr

Great work, Jon.. and nice use of those 2p4t mini switches.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jvg13

TGP39

Beautiful builds Jon. You give so many awesome choices with the Cardinal Trem. My head's spinning. :)
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer