News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two rehoused Dunlop fuzzes

Started by jjjimi84, September 29, 2018, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

What is a man to do when someone is selling fuzz guts for 10 bucks? Buy them, put them in an enclosure, play them and realize why they wanted to get rid of them.

The best I can figure is they are the junk ones from the late 90s, early 00s. One sounds like a roaring dragon who has no testicles, the other the greatest chain smoking clown in the industry.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jjjimi84 on September 29, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
The best I can figure is they are the junk ones from the late 90s, early 00s. One sounds like a roaring dragon who has no testicles, the other the greatest chain smoking clown in the industry.

No sound clip needed.. The actual sound of these would not live up to your kick ass description of them. lol

The artwork looks great.

ahiddentableau

I'm guessing you rehoused those 90s fuzz face reissues where Dunlop decided they didn't need to select transistors.  Gain buckets and leakage?!  That's crazy talk!

I'm trying to figure which episode that Krusty comes from, and hoping it's the one where he loses his show because of scandal and becomes an edgy Lenny Bruce-style standup.

EBK

Please tell me that the dragon's subtle resemblance to Littlefoot from The Land Before Time was intentional.  My mind may have simply wandered....
Awesome descriptions on both.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jjjimi84

I always remember the early one where krusty runs into the studio to record and says all of his lines before the engineer has time to get the tape on the reel. I always think of that when musicians I record with think everything should be down in two seconds.

There was no deliberate connection to littlefoot but my son and I watched that recently so I am guessing it was back there somewhere.

As for the fuzzes, the insides are pitiful. There are traces lifting and they have a terrible sound that technically is a sound but its not pleasing.