News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What, if any, pedal components are currently hard to source?

Started by peAk, February 11, 2022, 12:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Just curious if there is anything common we order that's tough to get at the moment?

I have a backlog of stuff I need to build so just wanted to get a heads up.

dan.schumaker

I've noticed a shortage of V3207's and V3102 clock chips, that is what is putting me in a bind right now...

Govmnt_Lacky

No 100% sure but, I believe that 570/571 Companders and FV-1 chips are on the difficult list.

Zerro

Sometimes is only possible way to find another way how to substitute that part with similar - just to study how it works and find another one.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

Bio77

JFETs (e.g., 2N5457s).  I had just grown comfortable with the fact that SMD was going to be the new format for these, but MMBF5457s are gone too.

vizcities

What Gov't Lacky said - FV-1 projects are basically impossible right now.

Bio77

Thewintersoldier

All of the above have gone in and out of stock at various times in the past 2 years. Currently just about anything is hard to come by. To make it worse, it seems on store has something and is out of another. This means buying from multiple places and paying triple the already growing shipping costs.
Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

Gotta remember too that the FV1 is a niche thing, I don't think it's used outside of guitar stuff. We're the little guys, I'm sure the supplies go to quantity buyers (bigger pedal companies) before they get to us.

culturejam

Lumberg jacks are sold out everywhere I've checked. Also the mini-MXR with no skirt knobs are sold out in the most common colors (white, cream, black).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Willybomb

lars

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 11, 2022, 06:32:29 PM
Currently just about anything is hard to come by.
This.
Basic rule is:  if you want it, so does everybody else and their dog's fleas, so it will be "sold out", "out of stock", "on sale - but never was in stock in the first place", "never existed", or "why did you even bother looking, what do you think this is, a store or something?"

brucer

Matched germanium transistors?

Happy to be corrected, but please say where?

peAk

Interesting info

So for me, no show stoppers it seems. Thats good

aion

Charge pumps... TC1044SCPA has dried up and Mouser's expected restock is in January 2023!

MAX1044 and ICL7660 are a little easier to find, but quantities are low and dropping. Fortunately there seem to be plenty of LT1054s, though they're a bit more expensive.