News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

icecycle66

angrykoko

Well.. thanks to that "what fuzz for doom" thread.. I am now drinking heavily and zoning out to these:

and let's not forget Wo Fat

Cheers!
Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

billstein

GermanCnd on the "Jelly of the month" thread. Brilliant

midwayfair

Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness.

Someone posted this on reddit. I listened for 5 minutes and popped in the real thing. It's still so frigging good.

culturejam

Been listened the hell out of the new Ancient Warlocks album that dropped a couple weeks ago.

If you like doom, check it out: http://ancientwarlocks.bandcamp.com/

And the main dude is a DIY guy as well. He's a member here (D-Day).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Ettore_M

Ed Sheeran! That dude is talented!  8)
I don't know if any of you guys listen to him and like him, but I do!  ;D Maybe I like him so much, because I'm young!  ::)
Enjoy!

EDIT: Good God! What did I post??  :o Sorry guys!  ::)
Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

davent

Quote from: Ettore_M on December 22, 2013, 08:25:49 PM
I don't know if any of you guys listen to him and like him, but I do!  ;D Maybe I like him so much, because I'm young!  ::)
Enjoy!

Hector

Edit: Hector, back to the way it was found... Usually with the #invalid Youtube link# notice you'll find the address is https://, delete the 's' and your link works.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

Good call Jon.

I was born in 82. I was 9 when Ten/Nevermind came out. 12 when Vitalogy showed up, and 13 for Melencholy. Formative stuff man.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Ettore_M

Quote from: davent on December 22, 2013, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: Ettore_M on December 22, 2013, 08:25:49 PM
Enjoy!

Hector
That was something I saw after the song and I copy that link instead...  ::) The "kagkelia" (plural) is a "traditional" dance song popularized by Gogo Tsampa here in Greece! ( GO GO!  :P ) Not that it's any interest of you!  ;)

Feel free to laugh with the song!  ;D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

slimtriggers

Surprised how good the new Pearl Jam album is:

jubal81

Quote from: jkokura on December 22, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Good call Jon.

I was born in 82. I was 9 when Ten/Nevermind came out. 12 when Vitalogy showed up, and 13 for Melencholy. Formative stuff man.

Jacob

+2
I'm going to drag this out. Can't believe how long it's been since I listened to that. I was in high school and wore this out - literally. Almost as bad the Blind Melon cassettes - two of which were so worn the tape stretched and detuned 'em.

Was in the record store recently and grabbed the LP of another high school days favorite:

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddities_(TV_series)

More watching, really. Got a few episodes off a friend, and so far I have three huge conclusions.

One, it should have been called "Morbid Cr/p and Oddities".

Two, there are some unusual people out there.

Three, New York has some VERY unusual people.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Quote from: jkokura on December 22, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Good call Jon.

Jacob

Holy crap, you're YOUNGER than me?!

Weird thing: I didn't listen to any music in middle school. The radio only incidentally. I think the first full album I ever heard was Dookie. I still have the copy I first bought ... it's one of a handful of CDs that didn't get stolen when I moved back to Baltimore from Texas (I had a book of 300 CDs stolen out of my car when I went to an open mic just after getting home). Fortunately I went through a particularly snobbish folk phase and didn't bother taking that CD or most of my other 90s albums with me.

jkokura

Yeah man.

Dookie, there's another great album. Anyone remember Seven Mary Three? Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Grammatrain, Alice in Chains... That whole group of Seattle bands was everywhere. In Canada it was I Mother Earth, Big Wreck, and the Tea Party.

Great years of great music.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals