News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Christmas Present pedals

Started by LaceSensor, December 20, 2011, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Feel free to add your own to this thread.
Anyone else making pedals as presents for friends / family / someone?

I whipped this up from scratch (except the board, which was a freebie I had laying around from GuitarPCB) in about 4 hours this evening all told.

My Dad isnt much of a guitar player, and is a bit of a scrooge and very hard to buy for, so I figured Id make him something. He might not use it much or even like it, but he might like the graphic - Jethro Tull's Aqualung album cover.

Its a Trotksy Drive, I think it sounds really nice and might make one for myself sometime.
Its an electra based overdrive, with switchable bright, which sounds nice on either setting. Pretty raw and raunchy, Im sure TGP would call it a small wattage tweed emulator or something.
Diodes are 1n914 and 1n60p (assymettric setup). Transistor is a bog standard 2n3904.

For 3 resistors, 3 caps, 2 knobs and switch, its almost the Bazz Fuzz of overdrive in terms of part counts!

Care to share yours?

Jamiroking

Great idea man! I'm sure he'll love it! I love the artwork too!

My brother and I made one for a friend as well themed for his band!
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3365.0

Madbean holidays!

k.rock!

Awesome! I love it. This is a great thread. I'll be posting my pedal this weekend.

I'm also building a pedal for my Dad an I think he's gonna love it. He used to have a 1971 Camaro Z28 LT1 (sweeeet) and to this day he still wants that car back...I can't give him the car, but Im making him a '71 Camaro themed pedal with 2 LEDs as headlights. Im really pumped about it!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

TNblueshawk

Build this for my brother in law and gave it to him last week. Big Jimmy Page fan. At first he thought I bought it for him and when my sister told him I made it he damn near cried. Made me feel good. BYOC OD2 with standard specs, ie. No MosFET's.

And we are on the same page Lace...big Tull fan here  :o

John