News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let the weekend begin: what are ur pedal plans?

Started by Gledison, September 13, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

I was going for an "ethereal" graphic in the reverb.

My buddy designed the graphic for me, I love it.  It's hard to see but there is a little sound wave going through the "A".... It's much better than something I could come up with.

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on February 01, 2014, 12:49:20 AM
Jimmy that etch is awesome!

I got a drill press this week and went all Juan & Cleggy on these..... I've already rocked the corresponding circuits.  Hoping to box them this weekend.  Wiring will have to be completed in a few weeks.

It was done by  Phreek over on byoc but the picture was one used by my band for a flyer.
  I love my drill press, enjoy!
  And new I also knew what "going all Juan and cleggy" meant also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

After having the PCB populated for months, I finally drilled out the enclosure for my Zero Point SDX earlier in the week and threw it on the test rig. It fired up first try, so I'm aiming to box it over the weekend. Might try replacing the 3PDT in my Op-Amp Muff too, I think the one I have in there might be bad.

I'd also like to finally populate the Tonebender PCB I got from Stomptown earlier last year. It's time I got that going.

brand0nized

Feeling ambitious.. Going to draw up plans to fit two tiny drive boards into a 1590a..

aballen

Got them all done like I wanted.  The 15v electric mistress is turning out to be difficult to trim.  The other three sound great!

juansolo

Quote from: billstein on February 01, 2014, 02:01:36 AMI'm a little concerned that I may be spending to much time on this board since I knew right away what going "all Juan and Cleggy" meant.

Messing about with pedals for a couple of hours then going to the pub?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 15, 2014, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: billstein on February 01, 2014, 02:01:36 AMI'm a little concerned that I may be spending to much time on this board since I knew right away what going "all Juan and Cleggy" meant.

Messing about with pedals for a couple of hours then going to the pub?

That's a solid plan right there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

This weekend was a catch up weekend.  Its almost over (aus) but I got a lot of stuff done:

- Built a tap tempo for my strymon bluesky and recorded / edited the video for it
- Built and tested the new project PCB on my store, "Night Drive" (lovepedal eternity in 1590a) boxed and shoot /editing the video for it (hours of work right there).
- Powder coated 3 enclosures
- Tested new version of the fabbed 3pdt wiring boards

Nice to see some progress, family life is a busy life.
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Willybomb

I was planning on hooking up the pots and maybe rocking a few populated veros, but I dunno if I can be bothered.

jimilee

Well here is a sneak peek at what I'm working on along with a few pedals, hope to finish another wah and a professor tweed. Finally warm enough to paint some stuff. I finished while it was snowing. Enjoy!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stevie1556

I've got stupidly long days at work all through the weekend (Fri-Sun) so haven't got time for anything.  When I get home tonight I'm going to try to finish designing  a drilling rig design so I can take it down to my local laser cutting place tomorrow. Hopefully the acrylic pieces will join together nicely, then fit snugly over the a box for 100% accurately drilled holes every time.

And if I get time tomorrow before work (thankfully it's a shorter day), I want to finish up my label design for a couple of boards I got from Pickdropper.

So much to do, so little time.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on February 16, 2014, 03:40:27 AM
Well here is a sneak peek at what I'm working on along with a few pedals, hope to finish another wah and a professor tweed. Finally warm enough to paint some stuff. I finished while it was snowing. Enjoy!
Hey Jimi! Is this a precision bass body? Looks very nice in natural wood. Which finish did you use? Shellack? :P nitro? Please update when its all finish! I like the painting job work, but i dont have much space what turns everyghing in a nightmare!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jimilee

It is a pbass body. The finish is an amber finish for wudtone.com it's pretty easy to do and doesn't require much space and has very little fumes that dissipate quickly. I will definitely post it when I am done.

aballen

If my fabbed pcbs come in from osh park, I'm making something very cool this weekend, you guys will dig it(I think)

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on February 28, 2014, 01:25:23 AM
If my fabbed pcbs come in from osh park, I'm making something very cool this weekend, you guys will dig it(I think)
Sweet!!!