News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Problem with Delaytion

Started by archaos, April 02, 2017, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaos

Hey friends,

I have one problem with a Delaytion kit I've recently built : it works, but not as it should.
Explanations (see below the conversation with Bill from Molten Voltage) :
Quote"I have the same kind of issues encountered by that guy : http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=100812.msg986848#msg986848

There's actually a problem with the tempo function either in Tap or Pot mode : it seems the lowest tempo sits around 140 BPM (1:1 delay ratio position), whereas it should start @88 BPM (681.8 ms), since my "chip count select" is Pin 1 high (Delay Time Max. : 682.6 ms, as mentioned in the MV-64 datasheet). 3.3V is read @ on pins 1, 13 & 28, as well as on the pots (Delay, Rate, Depth).

MV-59B seems to store 4 presets correctly.

So my Delaytion is eventually unusable.

Could that be an issue with the MV-64 chip ?"

Bill's answer :
Quote"Have you connected pin 24 to ground and left pin 23 unconnected?  This is what it means to have "Pin 1 High"

Pin 23 has a weak pullup on it, so you don't hold it high, instead you ground pin 24, which would otherwise be high if not connected."

And finally :
Quote"I indeed grounded Pin 24, and left Pin 23 unconnected.

I eventually check the effectiveness connection of Pin 24 to ground, and it's OK.

As for Pin 23, it's well left "high".

I must add that each time there's a contact (latching or momentary) between Pin 16 and ground, the tempo LED automatically blinks around 100-110 BPM, but no signal is sent trough the BBD Clock Output (Pin14). However, the LED tempo is stored in the memory..."

Today I can just add the voltage regulator (TO-92 STM L78L33) uses to run quite hot, even if the operating temperature for that device can go up to + 150 C.
Now I'm stuck, any ideas/suggestions ?
Mehr Licht !