News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VTL5C4/2

Started by gordo, March 07, 2016, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Just a heads up that I scored two of these on eBay from (I believe) a reputable stateside seller.  Not at all cheap but at least I got a couple.  I only need one, so after the Bean boards arrive I'll build that one up first so I can verify VTL's are good, I'll offer the other one up for sale.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Ok, buggered up my parts order so smallbear order should show up next week. I got the vactrols and they look good. Good news is I'll test both in the pedal but bad news is they cost me $40 for 2. I'll sell 1 for $20 but am open to trades too.
Gordy Power

Oh Dang

Hi,
What Madbean pedal are y'all using this part on? I just ordered 16 of these and should have them the first week of June. I'm only using 6 of them but ordered more since they are becoming very hard to find and the price is going up quickly.

Thanks,
Bobby

gordo

It was for the Sawse.
Gordy Power

Jules

I may be interested in 1 of these, how much do you want each Oh Dang?

Oh Dang

Gordo,

Thanks, I like the sound of that filter so I just ordered a couple of those PCB's to try.
Did you get it built? If so how did it come out?

Bobby

Oh Dang

Jules,

I just sent you a PM.

Bobby

gordo

I like it.  It doesn't do all the tricks the Mutrons do but it has a lot more character than the EHX's and the MXR.  This is the first one I've kept on my board and I use it for the odd triggered filter sweeps as well as a cocked wah for solos. 
Gordy Power

Oh Dang

Gordo,

Thanks for the reply and the heads up so I don't set my expectations to high for it. I'm excited about this build.

Bobby

gordo

VTL spoken for. Here's my build. Mediocre decal/sharpie attempt but I'm quite pleased with the guts. Unfortunately I got the right size caps shortly after I boxed it and wasn't about to attempt to replace them. Had to teepee a resistor as well. It does show off my newly installed countertops though...

Gordy Power