News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OCD

Started by televisiondown, February 07, 2014, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

televisiondown

Pretty much a straight clone of the Fulltone OCD Version 3. Another build with waterslide problems. Nothing went right with the label. The ink faded, I lined up the text poorly and it attracted all kinds of dust and crap while the clear coat was drying. Now that it's done, it feels a little odd that I labeled it just like the original. Luckily I f'd it up. Apparently I don't have OCD. Yeah.

The sound of this pedal is incredible. I first tested it on bass and it was extremely dynamic. On guitar it's an excellent sounding overdrive! I tried it at 9, 12 and 18v. There's a very noticeable difference. It feels less compressed as the voltage goes up. I'm leaning toward leaving it on 12 volts.

I decided not to use the extra clipping options because it was one of the first 1590Bs I worked on and I wasn't sure of my space management. Plus, I have an extra board I could try that with.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

televisiondown

televisiondown

Jabulani Jonny

Very nice. The label doesn't look bad at all. At least I can't see any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

stevie1556

I think it looks great. The wiring is so neat!

As above, the label looks good :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

bcalla

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 07, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
Very nice. The label doesn't look bad at all. At least I can't see any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto!

selfdestroyer

Kris, we must be on the same wavelength since I just populated a Egodriver also.. I love it. I have yet to box mine up but yours came out great.

televisiondown

Thanks, guys. I just looked at the pedal again and I think I really got the angle and lighting right for the pictures. ;D Haha! Every time I play it, it sounds so good that I don't care what it looks like.

Bret608

Totally with you guys on this! I have one in my small but growing "need to box" collection. I also really, really like it. Definitely the best IC-based OD I've played. Much like happened with my Cosmopolitan, this looks really good in the pictures, no matter what the goofs were with the decal and clearcoat!  :)

I think you would've had room for the extra clipping. I've also been worrying over how to fit that in a 1590b. I think I will lay mine out like yours and include the clipping. Although actually, I like the stock mosfet the best. The LED clipping is also really nice though, clear but crunchy.

hoodoo

Looks like a bought one mate  :), very tidy in and out.

rullywowr

I saw nothing wrong with the decal.  At first I thought it was a real OCD!  Nice job.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

Righteous! I have a series I call the lawsuit series cause the art is a direct copy! I just do them for myself and friends so likely nothing I'll ever come of it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

televisiondown

Quote from: jimilee on February 08, 2014, 05:26:46 AM
Righteous! I have a series I call the lawsuit series cause the art is a direct copy! I just do them for myself and friends so likely nothing I'll ever come of it.

That's really funny! I like the idea of direct copy clones, but actually doing it feels odd. I like your justification, though.

jimilee

Quote from: televisiondown on February 09, 2014, 05:17:18 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 08, 2014, 05:26:46 AM

That's really funny! I like the idea of direct copy clones, but actually doing it feels odd. I like your justification, though.
8-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lazarlazarevic133

You haven't tried clipping with LED? If you didn't, try it, TRUST ME! :) it sounds a lot better! :)