News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Little Speaker Cranker

Started by televisiondown, October 14, 2014, 03:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

televisiondown

This is an Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker using a vero layout from Tagboard Effects. I said I wouldn't do another 1590A, so I guess I lied...haha. I tried something different this time with the enclosure. I took an unfinished box and pressed just the top surface onto my Stazon black ink pad. I let it dry for a couple days and then sprayed it a few times with clearcoat. I really like the distressed look it's got and it was really easy!

I built it on vero just to see what it was all about and I was very surprised by what it does. Even with the (one) knob all the way down, there's a slight volume boost and it rounds out your tone nicely. It's a really full sound. As the (one) knob is increased, the distortion is very warm and natural sounding...very much like the videos on YouTube. And, it's so small I can leave it on my pedalboard with no problem. I wonder why EQD makes them bigger than they need to be.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

Leevibe

Cool idea using the stamp pad. I like the look you got.

selfdestroyer

I love the textured look you got on the top. Simplicity at its best.

Cody

wgc

Cool build, interesting circuit. Love the ink!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

AntKnee

Looks very cool like that!
You could use that as a scratchboard type effect, too.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

televisiondown

Thanks for the comments  :)

AntKnee - I was thinking about something like scratchboard, but I liked how it came out and didn't want to mess it up. I'll have to experiment on the enclosure lid one day. Maybe scratch out some labels or something.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement