News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Luna Fuzz

Started by mjcyates, June 08, 2012, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Well I am not really a fuzz guy but I have been wanting to build one. After doing some research I decided the Skreddy Lunar Module would probably be the best candidate for my tastes. I saw over on guitarpcb that they had a project "inspired by" the Lunar Module so I bought a board to give it a whirl. I just completed it yesterday and it is a very nice pedal. Super versatile. Here are some pic's.

murdog47

Looks great! I'm a fan of the Lunar Module, Skreddy makes the best stuff!

midwayfair

It was a good sounding project, and I'm also not much of a fuzz guy (mine ended up on a friend's board).

If you're interested and haven't compared the schematics, the MusicPCB layout was only 3 parts short of the original. Two caps were changed for more common values, and one resistor was different, iirc. (So by "inspired by" they meant "exactly the same circuit but built with what you have lying around.") Skreddy posted the schematic on FSB after drunkenly telling someone they traced it wrong. ;)

mjcyates

Well the one I built does sound remarkably similar to the video demos on the Skreddy website :o

nzCdog

Very elegant.  I'd have that on my board, nice build  8)

alanp

Quote from: midwayfair on June 08, 2012, 06:42:45 PM
Skreddy posted the schematic on FSB after drunkenly telling someone they traced it wrong. ;)

Now THAT is rock 'n' roll.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website