News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX mods

Started by Vince_B, February 13, 2013, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince_B

I have just received my Zero Point SDX board and before I'm going to start populating it I want to plan ahead the mods that I'm gonna do. If some of you guys could go through this list to confirm me that they are doable and to help me find the best way of doing them, it would be really nice.

1. Killing the clean signal
Is it possible to turn off the clean signal completely with the MIX pot to get only the delayed signal? If not, could the clean signal be turned off by using a spst switch between pins 1 and 6 off IC1?

2. Waveshape pot
There is a mod for the Echo Base that use an additional pot to change the shape of the LFO from triangle to square wave. Will it be possible to add something like this to the Zero Point SDX LFO?

3. FX loop
I want to add an FX loop that will only affect the repeats. Where should the send and return go?

If you have any other mods idea for this delay, please share them.

madbean

1- To kill the dry signal lift R4.
2- The LFO on the ZP is almost identical to the Echobase, so you should be able to implement the same mod here. I'm assuming it uses a couple of diodes and a bland pot...corrrect?
3- It depends- do you want the FX loop to include or exclude the filtering? To include it, the loop would go right after C48. To exclude, pull the send right before C31 and return goes right before C48. This is untested, but I believe these are the best spots.

Vince_B

Thanks Brian, I will try that for the FX loop and I will report back.

Unless I'm mistaken, the LFO of the Echo Base seems a bit different. Here is the schematic:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67108911/DIY%20Forum/Echo%20Base%20schem.pdf
And this is the mod that I was talking about:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67108911/DIY%20Forum/Waveshape%20mod.jpg

And an other question. I don't know much about the Taptation Tap Tempo yet, but before I look into that, I would like to know if it would be possible to add it to this delay without too much hassle?

matropiero

The fx loop works, but the volume increase just to distortion.
When nothing is connected to the fx loop (only a jumper wire between send and return) all is normal, but when you plug any effect the delay is like a noise machine. And there is another problem. The fx loop only start in the second repeat, first repeat has no effect.
Thanks!

Vince_B

Have you tried both before and after the filtering as Brian has suggested?