Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MUDBUNNY--Cut/Boost Mids Switch?

Started by UHaveMySthapler, April 09, 2014, 03:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHaveMySthapler

My Civil War Mudbunny used to house a Green Big Muff:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/06/ehx-green-russian-big-muff.html?m=0

So the pedal now has the 3 knobs, and a useless DPDT knob smack dab in the middle. Where could I run wires, if any, to that DPDT so I could make it a cut/boost switch like on the Big Muff above? 

I know there have been some posts on this before, but I can't seem to extract the information I need out of them. Madbean posted an image on how to do this ~3 years ago (on this forum), but the image has since been deleted. If I can get some help on this I'll be sure to post some snazzy pics of the completed build!

Clayford

You have the DPDT with the caps wired up already... Right?

You'll wire one wire to a leg of the 4n(or what ever value you've stuffed into C10) , and the other wire to the other leg of the 4n. The switch is now wired to place the caps in parallel just like your vero board version.

Enjoy it, at a reasonable volume, between the hours of 9 and 11.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

pryde

Here is a pic if you need a visual. You want to switch in a parallel cap (bottom of pic) to your existing cap on the pcb. C10 as Clayton recommended.

Whatever value you have in C10 use that same value for your parallel cap to start. You may want to experiment a bit with it though.

UHaveMySthapler

Thanks a ton you guys! I'll try wiring things up soon and post about the results.

Clayford

Pryde is right on the money as well.
If you prefer the way Mark had it setup (Flat/Scoop/Boost) you'll wire it as such to the C10 cap on the mudbunny,
Just as Mark's layout was doing, you'll be adding the caps in parallel for the Flat or Boost option.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

thesameage

Such an old thread! But I'm working on bringing an old muff back to life. Can I just put a 10nf cap on C10? Can I just solder the legs of 10nf cap to the legs of the 3.9nf that is there? I just want the mids boosted for this one.