News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Opinions on possible guitar purchase

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, November 03, 2017, 06:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

2016 Left Handed Gibson Les Paul Classic HP, mint condition w/ metal hardshell case. $1800

Any and all Thoughts??

culturejam

Left handed won't work. Needs to be right-handed.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: culturejam on November 03, 2017, 06:12:45 PM
Left handed won't work. Needs to be right-handed.  ;D

Left-handed mentioned for 2 reasons.

#1 I AM Left Handed  ;)

#2 To figure into the price if that was part of an offered opinion.

bela1961

Have you played it? check the neck for straightness, if you can, remove the truss rod cover and check to make sure the rod isn't frozen or stripped. Check the bridge to make sure it isn't caving in.  If all is well, buy it! Hell the case is worth a couple hundred bucks.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: bela1961 on November 03, 2017, 06:34:35 PM
Have you played it? check the neck for straightness, if you can, remove the truss rod cover and check to make sure the rod isn't frozen or stripped. Check the bridge to make sure it isn't caving in.  If all is well, buy it! Hell the case is worth a couple hundred bucks.

Unfortunately, this would be an online purchase  :-\

These are good questions to ask the seller though. Keep 'em coming. Didn't think to ask about the truss rod being stripped/frozen.

pickdropper

Since I don't need the HP features, I'd look for a regular version at a lower price.  But if you dig the HP features, that's cool.

Have you spent any time with the various Gibson neck profiles to know what you prefer?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

brianq41369

Go for it, lefty models aren't too common where I'm from & they cost a little more from what I remember? But good points asking about conditions of guitar, but it's only a year old it should be in great condition still, but it would be a better idea if you could get them to send you detailed close ups of the frets, neck profile & bridge area. I'm always apprehensive to online guitar buying, if the pics are far away & blurred. Good luck to you whatever the decision & rock on......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk