News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

can someone loan me a tissue?

Started by cjkbug, August 05, 2011, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Here's a mojo hotcake clone done on soulsonic's layout. It uses a metal can lm741 opamp, and some giant 10n box caps that I haven't found a use for yet. I modified the board to add a clr for the led.
     It was a little tricky getting it to fit in a 1590b. I think Martin intended it for a bb enclosure. I had to use some adhesive backed felt to insulate the tops of the jacks. it uses an odd (for me at least) bypass system so there wasn't much switch wiring.  I used a dpdt.
      I had downloaded someones clone graphics a longtime ago but changed the text a bit. I'd never be looking to pass it off as the real thing. I had a real one a while ago and sold it because it was way too dark and the lower gain settings were pretty lifeless. those faults are not the case witch this one. It's gonna be getting a lot off use. finished on a powdercoated enclosure from mammoth, with full frontal decal and a couple coats of satin finish nitro spraycan lacuer from Stew Mac I had in the cabinet.The lacquer made the decal bleed but not enough to bum me out at all. I'm sure it'll get the paint stomped off of it before long anyway.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

Haha... nice.   ;)  Tidy job and I like your nod to the original pedal's graphic design :)
Just have a q... Whyd'ya tin the traces on the pcb?

cjkbug

it prevents oxidation. the layout was simple enough so it only took a few minutes. I never attempt it on complicated designs by hand. I have a bottle of "tinnit" on order for those. It isn't necessary but it don't hurt.

cab_eleven

gtr2

That pcb layout is very artsy!  Thanks for sharing.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Nicely done! I like pedals with 'almost' there graphics.

Where'd you get the project file on that one?

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

don't remember off hand. maybe on martins blog. I can e-mail 'em if you'd like. just pm me. Don't know if he'd like me reposting it.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I see those dale resistors full of mojo goodness.  ;D How does it sound?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals