News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dub Dweller

Started by alanp, October 13, 2013, 01:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

A while ago, I did a Dub Edition Cavedweller, and put it in a 1590B enclosure, being new to this building lark. Now I've got one or two more builds under my belt, I decided to do it again, but in a 1590A like Bean intended.

Yes, the icecream shim is essential for it to work. Good ambient delay, or noisemaking with the oscillations from the Mix mod.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

My first delay, and still a staple on my board today.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ettore_M

Well done! I love the simpleness of the sharpy labelling!  :)

Did you use 1/8W resistors (the little ones) to get it to fit? Or standing resistors? Because I'm considering of making one for me and I don't think I can get it to fit with standing resistors.  :-\

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

1/4 watt standing resistors. It does fit, but only JUUUST. (This is with socketed IC's.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Ettore_M

Quote from: alanp on October 13, 2013, 04:07:26 PM
1/4 watt standing resistors. It does fit, but only JUUUST. (This is with socketed IC's.)
Socketed ICs? That's unexpected! Well done!  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

I used the cheap sockets, not the machined ones I'd normally use -- the cheapo ones are ever so slightly shorter vertically. (Same reason I used 'em on the Wicked Switch boards.) Cheap sockets are a pain in the ass to put IC's in, compared to machined pin ones.
- Terry Pratchett
My website