News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider - - My First etching job

Started by ilikeguitars01, August 25, 2012, 10:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikeguitars01

Hi guys.

This is my very first etching job. I am super stoked with the way it came out. I just can't decide what kind of knobs to put on it.  This is my second Lowrider. This one I bought from here. I sanded down the enclosure and did the etching. Tons of work but well worth it. My first Lowrider I had sold before I could even take pictures. It was stock, no mods.  This one has the up octave mod done, but still doesn't sound right. Just a fizzy straight signal. This thing still rocks though! Let me know what you think!

nzCdog

Hey thats rockin... what method did you use???  Stil haven't tried an enclosure etch

ilikeguitars01

I used muriatic acid and hydrogen peroxcide.  It works pretty well. I was pretty nervous about it, but I just checked on it every couple of minutes and cooled it down with water.

midwayfair

Whoa. That's really cool, especially the texturing! Is the etching that gold color in person?

Maybe something like these?
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=782

Plastic knobs of any color would probably look really wrong on that.

ilikeguitars01

The gold really stands out. I was going to paint it black, but all I had was flat black so I took a chance on the gold.

jkokura

It looks like frozen water on the enclosure... well done.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ilikeguitars01

I guess it kinda does huh?  thanks for the compliments guys.  I can't wait to do another. I am thinking Col Sanders on my silverfox (barber secret recipe)