News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One 2015 - no sound (SOLVED)

Started by guile, April 04, 2015, 01:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guile

Just finished the Harbinger one (2015 version) but no sound, only humming.

Did I miss something? Can someone take a look?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115176149@N03/

midwayfair

You need to install the switches. If you still have no sound, you're going to have to take voltages and audio probe. See the tech help rules thread. This is far too complicated a project to tell anything from photos except for glaringly obvious things like the lack of a part.

Strassercaster

make sure you are grounded. its unboxed so you need to have a ground wire going to the output jack from the input jack for the bench. the box will ground it later. also your switches arent installed you need to do that as well. i went through this a week ago the jumper i used was bad.i had the right idea but a make shift jumper was broken under the electrical tape. i would also back those ldrs of a tad. the heat from the bulb will eventually damage them😄

Strassercaster

overall pic zoomed out so we can see jacks switch ect. you can just jumper the middle to one side for now on the switches but get the switches. Tayda electronics  has them so does small bear electronics. tayda is cheaper. oh a little tip as well i see your resistors arent super neat. put them in and use masking tape to hold them down . the. when you flip the board to solder they stay noce and neat. not trying to criticize its a massive build i know . you can use a small peice of tape for at least ten components .what did you use for a light shield? i used a 3/4 inch copper plumbing end cap and cut it down so it would fit in a 1590bm

guile

Thanks to midwayfair:
The switches need to be installed; works fine now. Should be in the manual.
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks to Strassercaster
Thanks very much for the tips, will do!