News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with the current build...

Started by juansolo, April 08, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

It's bloody tight!

Got the switching in today. That took 4hrs, and there's not a lot of room left (1590D). A little annoyed with the Tayda momentary as it bounces a bit. Which is made more irritating that I can't actually take it apart now to do anything about it without starting again. Bah! I'll put up with it occasionally jumping effects. But I'd have to sort it if I was building for anyone else.

I suspect I might have it done by Sunday... I've got 5 more pedals to strip and re-house into it (there's already one in there).

I suppose I wanted a challenge.  :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

I think I might have a switch solution. If you're using that bubba switcher board, I had to change a resistor value and I might have not gone back to change the schematic.

Let me go look and I'll report back.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Govmnt_Lacky

jubal81

Sure enough. R8 should be 220k instead of 220R. Sorry, bud. I forgot all about that.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Oooh, I'll see if I can cheat that out from the top :) Might be able to get away with it. Getting the board out now is a bit of an issue ;) It's quite solidly mounted...

Cheers!  8)

jubal81

I literally smacked my head the second I saw your post because I knew EXACTLY what you were dealing with. I need to PM Dave since he got the other board.
- David Fair

juansolo

We can sort him out with relays if he's struggling to get them. I think we've got 15 left.