News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sabertooth (AKA Yeti )

Started by Jamiroking, November 16, 2011, 03:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

After fighting with my zombii for the past year, I've found this fuzz to be much more usable and really flexible. I'm using it for guitar and it sounds great without any mods at all. I keep thinking of putting in the impedence switch that would make it usable with active pickups and possibly remain a little more responsive to the volume knob even when following a buffer but for now, I'm really happy with it.

I'm really happy with the way the finish came out. Once again, using clear water slide decals from smallbear. The really bright white LED really completes the look too but its impossible to take a picture without blinding the camera. haha

Also since I'm finishing my old first projects and a new batch at the same time, it's insane to compare the wiring jobs. It's like seeing a time lapse of me learning how to build!

shawnee

Man you are cranking out some great stuff! So this is a yeti clone?

Jamiroking

Quote from: shawnee on November 16, 2011, 03:37:25 AM
Man you are cranking out some great stuff! So this is a yeti clone?

Oh no!! I didn't even know that there was a pedal called the yeti! This is just a Wooly Mammoth/Sabertooth. Jeez I think we're running out of furry things to name our fuzz pedals...

shawnee

Oh man I was pretty excited about this.........for a moment.  :(
Yeah Tortuga make a fuzz called a Yeti and the demos sound really great! Oh well, I'll keep searching.  :)

nzCdog

Quote from: shawnee on November 16, 2011, 03:37:25 AM
Man you are cranking out some great stuff!
+1
Very tidy build man... Nice work.  Where did you get the 3 conductor wires used on the pots?   Looks like a great time saver... :)

Jamiroking

Quote from: nzCdog on November 16, 2011, 04:49:32 AM
Very tidy build man... Nice work.  Where did you get the 3 conductor wires used on the pots?   Looks like a great time saver... :)

Yeah, its been a lifesaver! Its the ribbon cable from smallbear that i just pick apart. Its stranded so it is pretty flexible and the wire insulation is nice and compact. One of the best purchases I've made

PS Christchurch? I just am noticing how many kiwis are on these boards. I lived down in Dunedin for 6 months a few years ago

TNblueshawk

Very cool. Love rhe white on white knob theme...very monochromatic  8)

I just picked up some of that ribbon from the Bear to try.
John

nzCdog

Quote from: Jamiroking on November 16, 2011, 06:21:54 AM
PS Christchurch? I just am noticing how many kiwis are on these boards. I lived down in Dunedin for 6 months a few years ago
Woot! Represent! 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks great!! I love my MB sabortooth as well.
One day I'll attempt to stick it in a 1590a w/ 9mm pots!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Jamiroking

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 18, 2011, 01:53:48 AM
Looks great!! I love my MB sabortooth as well.
One day I'll attempt to stick it in a 1590a w/ 9mm pots!
THAT would be awesome!