News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Forum issues

Started by madbean, March 17, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derevaun

Quote from: jessenator on April 11, 2024, 05:30:49 AMThings seem to be coming together on mobile. Haven't tried signing in on desktop today

At least I'm not able to change derevaun's info anymore ;)

I'm looking forward to enjoying any improvements you've made ;D

FWIW it seems to be closer to normal now, showing logged in on all the pages I've tried. It is a great mystery. Also a great use for those eclipse glasses, with the light mode an all.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: brucer on April 11, 2024, 03:08:11 AM
Quote from: midwayfair on April 11, 2024, 01:25:50 AMYay!

Also: mother of god where's the dark mode option?

Click on username in upper left of top bar, select Look and Layout, click "CHANGE" next to Current Theme\Forum or Board Default, scroll down to "Dark Caramel", select "USE THIS THEME"

Just tried this. When you hit the "Change" button, it will change to Dark Caramel. However, when you hit the "Home" button... it reverts back to the original theme. If you go back and try to change it again... TOKEN ERROR  >:(

jessenator

jessenator

wooo, I can log in on desktop! And that dark shmexy caramel, too

Aentons

Just clear your browser cookies / site data and you should be good.

Edit: Nope, still having issues

aion

Is there any sort of server-side caching enabled? This is a performance option that basically generates a static page the first time a page is viewed, and the cache is an HTML copy of what was viewed that is served to visitors instead of regenerating the page from scratch each time.

Typically the cache should be set up so that it's bypassed for logged-in users. If it's being generated and loaded even when a user is logged in, you would see the issues reported here (that I am seeing as well) where as you click through different pages, sometimes you're logged in, sometimes not, and sometimes you are a different user or there's a different theme.

WonkoTheSane

Cool seems back here.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

madbean

Quote from: aion on April 11, 2024, 02:37:58 PMIs there any sort of server-side caching enabled? This is a performance option that basically generates a static page the first time a page is viewed, and the cache is an HTML copy of what was viewed that is served to visitors instead of regenerating the page from scratch each time.

Typically the cache should be set up so that it's bypassed for logged-in users. If it's being generated and loaded even when a user is logged in, you would see the issues reported here (that I am seeing as well) where as you click through different pages, sometimes you're logged in, sometimes not, and sometimes you are a different user or there's a different theme.

That's a good point. I will disable the cache and see if that helps.

BryGuy

Quote from: midwayfair on April 11, 2024, 01:25:50 AMAlso: mother of god where's the dark mode option?

This ^^^^^^^

Glad it's back up and seems to be running much better yesterday & today.

midwayfair

Quote from: brucer on April 11, 2024, 03:08:11 AM
Quote from: midwayfair on April 11, 2024, 01:25:50 AMYay!

Also: mother of god where's the dark mode option?

Click on username in upper left of top bar, select Look and Layout, click "CHANGE" next to Current Theme\Forum or Board Default, scroll down to "Dark Caramel", select "USE THIS THEME"

It wasn't an option at the time I posted that lol

madbean

I'll get some more themes installed. I don't think the one we used before is compatible. But I can make the caramel one the default. Also, I'll get some of the old plug-ins reinstalled in a few days.

midwayfair

Quote from: madbean on April 12, 2024, 04:08:29 AMI'll get some more themes installed. I don't think the one we used before is compatible. But I can make the caramel one the default. Also, I'll get some of the old plug-ins reinstalled in a few days.

Change is hard, the old dark theme felt like home lol

Chocolate is very ... brown. Yup. Brown! Bean-like, even!

I am not complaining FTR, it was just kinda culture shock lol

TNblueshawk

Me likes the brown. It all seems to go back and forth between brown and light as I get around.
John

jimilee

Still can't log in on my iPhone or tapatalk. Help me!!! ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

The mobile responsive experience isn't the worst.

Not a tapatalk fan, so I'm biased  :P