News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flap Jack Overdrive (Crowther Hot Cake)

Started by chromesphere, June 26, 2012, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hey everyone,

This ones from the archive.  Built it last year but noticed theres a bit of interest going around so recorded a few clips of mine.  It's the freestomepboxes.org layout, just google "flap jack overdrive freestompboxes" or soemthing like that, you'll find it.

I believe theres also someone around here etching these, cant remember who sorry, if you are him, please feel free to chime in on this thread.

Thanks for watching, hope you like it.
Paul

Flap Jack Overdrive (Based on the Crowther Hot Cake Overdrive) Sound demo & Build report

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

nzCdog

Tasty sounds Paul... nice build too, looks real tidy :)

chromesphere

Cheers Corey!  Pretty versatile effect for such a low part count!!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

greyscales

Nice, thorough demo, Paul.
You really showed the range of the gain pot. What taper did you use?

G.G.

another great demo Paul, thanks for putting that together. Surprisingly wide range of good sounds throughout. Might have to look into this one some more. . .  :)

jtn191

Quote from: chromesphere on June 26, 2012, 05:55:46 AMI believe theres also someone around here etching these, cant remember who sorry, if you are him, please feel free to chime in on this thread.

I've been getting fabbed PCBs made. First I used CJ's open-source layout but now I've got my own with an optional Bluesberry mod. I've got half of the circuit (need to find parts for the other half) on my breadboard and I'm hoping to play around with it. I had to redo it because I lost everything on my computer of 5 years

Anyway that thread is here
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5235.0

And nice demo!