News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double big muff tri/ram

Started by night-B, April 27, 2012, 12:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I finished populating and wiring these months ago but haven't finished the enclosure till today.
This is Pi box using 2 Mudbunny : one triangle specs with 2n5088 and the othe ram's head specs with 2n5089 .
All went in a 1590BB, I tried a distressed aluminium finish. Doesn't look great on pics but this is cool in person.
Labelled the pots on the knobs.
I really like both of these versions and I can't decide wich one I prefer. With a 2 in 1 box, and different knobs  adjustments you can switch to a different gain with your foot  :)
When you engage the 2 muffs at the same time, this is insane (in a cool way  :o ).
Still haven't got my own guitar gear so the demo is for later...

JakeFuzz

Awesome! Man two muffs in one box that is extreme. What are the major differences between the two? I've heard the rams is more bass heavy. Love the labelled knobs BTW, looks like the Pharoah knobs.

CarpathiART

Looks like some heavy sound on the way! Clear inside too.

greyscales

I like the roughness of that enclosure. Very rugged, industrial.

I've thought about doing knobs like that before, but it would bug me when they aren't facing the right way all the time.  :-\

jkokura

Not to mention that mischievous bandmates (like myself) are prone to switching knobs around on you...

I once took a friends board and switched all his boss knobs around so the colours didn't match anymore.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stecykmi

i love putting two similar distortions in the same box.

good, solid, utilitarian build

jtn191

it'd be cool to put all the versions in one box! Let me know what you think of the triangle--I've got one that's most of the way populated

night-B

Went playing with it on a friends guitar (he just baught a new les paul custom  :o )
For power chords playing I prefer the grain of the ram, it is really made for trash, heavy, industrial playing to my opinion. For soloing I prefer the triangle, it is brighter and smoother. Don't forget that these have different trannies on it. Oh and I forget to tell that my ram has 1n914 clipping and the triangle has bat41 clipping. These two at the same time are giving too much noise when you don't play any note but with power chords this is really really big  ;D

I've seen on the pharaoh pics that the knobs letters are burnt on it, like if they were engraved with the tip of the iron  ???

I used an abrasive stone on the dremel and black ink dry brush for the finish.

bigmufffuzzwizz

This is rad! Stacking muffs is key for extreme muff sound!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals