News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Cat and a small big box Tone Bender

Started by cooder, March 09, 2015, 04:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Let's build another dirtbox, and to make it count let's put two circuits in to save space or so and for the fun of it....
So here's another 2in1 125B, this time with a Black Cat OD-1 on top (controls are Vol and Gain), the toggle selects between this circuit or in down position the big box ToneBender built to Juansolo's specs that he recently uncovered in an old unit.
Made me curious and yes it sound great!
I added another pot that is the input resistor the can be dialed from 100K to 0 ohm (I jumpered R1 on this to have the full range). On Juansolos tracing it was 39 K, on 1776 Suckerpunch it's listed as 33 K. This makes it adjustable and on full bore and high fuzz settings it starts to get a bit crazy in a good way.
I like things to be tweakable, so good for me!

TH Custom Ueberswitch relay board. Dig those!

In case if anyone wants a spare board I have one left each, shipped for $ 10 each anywhere on the planet.

BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

This is Aweee Someee.  I would have great difficulty fitting one of those circuits in the enclosure. And I love the variable resistor mod. Great stuff Cooder.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

gtr2

Yikes!  Thats a lot of knobs for a 125B!

Excellent work and the finish is awesome.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cooder

Thanks guys!
Also pleased because this was a previously mis-drilled enclosure that has been sitting around for ages.
This just worked out after a bit of re-drilling.
The Two circuits complement each other reasonanbly well I think, the Black Cat OD-1 overdrive and distortion with a bit of fuzzy flavour, quite nice for such a simple circuit, and then the Jumbo TB goes of course the whole hog further into Fuzz.
BigNoise Amplification

lrgaraujo

jubal81

Amazing stuff!
Really useful and creative PCB arrangement in there.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

AntKnee

So, can you stack them, or is it an either-or type setup?
Looks awesome! Love the swirl stuff.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

287m

cooder

Thanks guys!
Quote from: AntKnee on March 10, 2015, 02:02:10 PM
So, can you stack them, or is it an either-or type setup?
Looks awesome! Love the swirl stuff.
It's either/or setup.
BigNoise Amplification

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

nzCdog

zomg... your paintwork is mesmirising... the stuff of dark mysterious dreams... very impressive

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

That swirl came out nicely, like the Red Spot on Jupiter meets Tim Burton.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website