News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tone Bender MkII: A bit of a spotty build.....

Started by DutchMF, September 02, 2013, 04:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

When Stomptown put up his boards for the TB MkII, I jumped on the chance to get one, as I had a nice set of transistors for a MkII, kindly donated by JakeFuzz, and hadn't gotten around to build one on vero......
Guts:

And now for the 'spotty' bit:

I know the board is meant for a 1590A build, but I can't get to grips with using those little f*ckers with my size 12's (plus, I've built one, and that's enough masochism for me in the 'boxing up' department.....).

Transistors are a GET113, a GT108V and an AC125, handpicked by the man himself. Sounds pretty cool with these. Thanks Paul!!

As for the art: I wanted to do something I hadn't seen before, both in layout and finish. So I went with a non-standard component placement, mounted everything and started putting on the dots, loads and loads of dots........ I'm quite scared to put a clear coat on it, so we'll see how it holds up with use.

Probably the last one before going on holiday, hope you like it!!

Paul

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

stevie1556

That is a beautiful enclosure!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

jkokura

Oh, my. I can't even imagine the time and patience that took. It looks blemish free, so congrats on how well you did on setting those spots up.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

das234

Ha! Spotty.  I get it.   That's a nice, different look.  What is that, paint pen?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

wolfingsworth

That looks freaking awesome! I can't imagine how long it took to make those dots. I also appreciate the asymmetrical layout. A+

midwayfair

bcalla

Holy crap!  That could induce seizures!  How did you do it?

spaceboss

Great job, on a badass fuzz!  8)

A coat of Modge Podge before the clear coat might protect the dots from any adverse clear coat effects if you eventually decide to go that route.

davent

That is incredible... puts a big smile on my face!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

One of a kind for sure. When I saw the inside first, I thought wtf is that all about? The outside makes it make sense. Nicely executed.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

That must've taken forever! What a fantastic result.