News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quantum Overdrive 2.0 - Madbean Kingslayer

Started by m-Kresol, October 19, 2014, 09:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Here's another one finished on friday evening. This is my favorite build so far, despite some imperfections. It was a tight fit in a 1590B! I don't know where I got the idea from, but I've seen it before.. I added a transparent bottom plate and some LEDs on the side walls to make the pedal glow (always on, btw.). I added a little daughter board for the LDRs in the corner. The guts were really nice before I started adding all the LED stuff :D

Enclosure is etched with FeCl3 and toner transfer. You can see, it's still work in progress as the etchant worked its way through the mask...
I tried various Ge and Si diodes for the second clipping option but went with red LEDs in the end. Besides the nice tones, one reason was that I could bend them to the upper edge of the enclosure. This way, you can see them glow while playing, which I think is pretty cool :)
I have another Kingslayer in planning for a friend and I think I'll take a higher resistance pot for the volume. I never go over 10 o'clock with that one...
Hope you like it too. Cheers

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

catfud

Very nice, like what you did with all the LEDs

wgc

Cool stuff!

I think I first saw the glow plates on diystompboxes.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

luks999

Wow thats awesome :)
i really love the LEDs at the bottom. you used a transparent bottom for the case right?
I saw this somewhere before, and it just looks magnificent :)

also: nice enclosure ;)

m-Kresol

Quote from: luks999 on October 22, 2014, 10:16:20 PM
Wow thats awesome :)
i really love the LEDs at the bottom. you used a transparent bottom for the case right?
I saw this somewhere before, and it just looks magnificent :)

also: nice enclosure ;)

thanks, yes the bottom plate is transparent. Just an old sheet of plexi glass cut to size. pain in the ass to drill though as the plastic is melting...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

luks999

Thats a fantastic idea felix ;)
now i wanna make this too :)

thought about building a kingslayer as well :) have a klon clone and i really love it.
how does it differ from the sound from the original?