News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK Dirtbag

Started by jkokura, March 23, 2012, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Finally got this thing going. It's been a long process. I expected to build two of these, but looks like I'll have a fully populated spare board for someone else if they want!

I ran into issues because I built the enclosure with top mounted jacks. Obviously, that wasn't the best idea because the jacks then run into issues with the board and the parts on the board! I found a way to make it work, leaving out some sockets for some ICs and putting some caps on the bottom of the board. I also had to bend some of the lugs on the jacks around, and squeezing the jacks into their holes took more muscle than it should have. I'm running the board with a LT1054 chip on a Road Rage board, so it's got the full 15V hitting it. The finish isn't perfect because of my struggles to get it in. Some of the clear coat on the top has become scratched up around the jacks and pots and switch. Ah well, cest la vie.

I've just got it biased, so at this point I really can't say if it sounds awesome or not, but I plan to use it fairly often. Big thanks to the guy I got the chips from (you know who you are) because the PaulFreeJazz guy gave me junk.

And the Guts.

And the Demo.

Hope you've enjoyed!\

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bangerang101

Jacob,

This build is awesome! Looks like a perfect DMM build to me... The jacks look fine to me, as well.

Incredible build Jacob.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

DutchMF

Very nice! What are those trimpots you used? They look so good! I know nobody sees them, but I'd like them just for knowing they are there...... Not going to buy the populated board from you, though, because that's the part I like most about building. And props for the JMK twist on the EH-artwork!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

plesur

Looks really nice Jacob.

I did top jacks on mine too and run into problems picking up the clock signal on the tip of the input jack. Is that the chip that you removed the socket for?

gtr2

Double thumbs up Jacob!    ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

I put the TL062 and CD4049 right on the board, no sockets.

Thanks guys!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

nzCdog

Very nice, can't even tell you had problems that's for sure!  And you've answered my question on the top mounted Jacks, sounds like a toughie for this enclosure... nice job Jacob!

jonrhee

That's awesome, I had the same issue, should have gone with the 1590BB tall.

paulfreejazz got me too.

Scruffie

Quote from: DutchMF on March 23, 2012, 06:27:21 PM
Very nice! What are those trimpots you used? They look so good! I know nobody sees them, but I'd like them just for knowing they are there...... Not going to buy the populated board from you, though, because that's the part I like most about building. And props for the JMK twist on the EH-artwork!

Paul
Phier is it? You can buy them at Tayda, think the code is 3362?

Nice build though Jacob... makes me wonder if I can get a battery in there with a charge pump too...
Works at Lectric-FX

jkokura

Yes, the 3362s from Tayda.

I think you could get a battery in there, but probably not with the charge pump. I would do that with a 3205 build maybe.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Scruffie

Quote from: jkokura on March 25, 2012, 02:35:21 PM
Yes, the 3362s from Tayda.

I think you could get a battery in there, but probably not with the charge pump. I would do that with a 3205 build maybe.

Jacob
Last time I got a charge pump with a battery in where it didn't belong I made a vero layout with everything flat including the caps and managed to slip it under the board, hard as crap to wire and get in but I did it.
Works at Lectric-FX

shawnee

I may be interested in the spare board Jacob. Please send me a PM if you want to sell it. Thanks.

jkokura

Demo video up...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

nzCdog

Sounds great!  Gotta be happy with that

jkokura

Yeah, I am. I was hoping it would turn out that way. This one is going on the board for sure!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*