News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doubt about Mudbunny versions

Started by Lucas G., August 22, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas G.

I have a doubt about the mudbunny project, what version sounds more like the stock version of big muff ?

Best regards from Brasil!  ;D

mgwhit

There really isn't a "stock" version of the EHX Big Muff Pi.  Aside from all the historical variants, there are at least three "basic" Big Muffs available from Electro-Harmonix (Classic, Little and Nano) before you even get to the weirder versions they've released, and they each sound slightly different.

You can find details of most circuits here, and a nice summary here.

If I may summarize the summary: Modern Big Muffs sound kinda like the NYC re-issue which sounds a bit like the Version 6, which sounds somewhat like the Version 3 which sounds pretty close to a Version 2.  Build a Violet Ram's Head and go nuts! ;)

Lucas G.

Thanks a lot for your contribuition, it helped me a lot. The sequence in the end of your reply it's a very funny thing to read, or less for me (I'm brazilian).
Best regards from Brazil for you my friend.   ;)

Blues Healer

turbin, personally I think the Triangle version is a good place to start.

Kit Rae's site is certainly worth studying too.
"music heals"

Lucas G.

Thanks for your contribution my friend, I will test both options, trying to have the sound that I want, have just a little differences between them. :D

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Lucas G.

It's great!!!
Your site is so cool, you have a lot of pedals that I want to build. Thanks for your contribution.