News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What Happened to Chunk Chunk?

Started by cpsmusic, October 21, 2018, 06:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpsmusic

Hey Folks,

I bought a Chunk Chunk PCB about five years ago, and unfortunately, life intervened and it went into storage :( I recently came across it and have now finished building it (although it's not working - I'll save that for another post). Just wondering what happened to the Chunk Chunk. I can't find anything about it on the MadBean site. I thought it was a really popular build?

Cheers,

Chris

m-Kresol

it got discontinued a while ago. I guess Brian had stocked it for so long that he thought it was time to replace it with something else. His list of pcbs is huge, no way he could stock everything he ever sold.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

This is a business like any other, so, I'm guessing sales were finally low, and not profitable. There is an awesome pcb on fuzzdog, it's a triple rec I'm pretty sure. I do agree that the chunk chunk was pretty badass though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Sales were always pretty good on the CC. But, at the end of the day it's been done and sometimes things gotta go to make room for new stuff. Same with the Sharkfin. It was a steady seller but I only have room to stock about 70-75 mbp projects at any one time. Once I get the new office set up, I will actually be able to double that (not that I ever plan on offering 150 projects...but I could).

waynewalt

I'm actually looking for the chunk chunk pdf, if anyone has a link. I am trying to finish  the one I started years ago.

somnif

Quote from: waynewalt on October 30, 2018, 05:00:55 AM
I'm actually looking for the chunk chunk pdf, if anyone has a link. I am trying to finish  the one I started years ago.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/ARCHIVE/OD_Dist_Boost/ChunkChunk.zip

waynewalt

somnif

waynewalt

Hey, look at that! Awesome, thank you so much!

donripper

Quote from: cpsmusic on October 21, 2018, 06:45:32 AM
Hey Folks,

I bought a Chunk Chunk PCB about five years ago, and unfortunately, life intervened and it went into storage :( I recently came across it and have now finished building it (although it's not working - I'll save that for another post). Just wondering what happened to the Chunk Chunk. I can't find anything about it on the MadBean site. I thought it was a really popular build?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi, for the same reasons of the author of this thread, I found a PCB board of chunk chunk...but it's version 1 from 2010, someone have this building docs???