News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AlanP's Doubleganger

Started by bcalla, January 11, 2015, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

Thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate them from this crowd.   :)

Cody, I only tried it with shielded cable so I can't say if it is worth it.  I thought that it was needed to eliminate ticking which is why I mentioned ticking in my original post.

luks999

Looks fantastic :) great job ;)
love how shiny the surface of the pedal is. did you use clear coat finish on top?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: bcalla on January 12, 2015, 04:09:34 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate them from this crowd.   :)

Cody, I only tried it with shielded cable so I can't say if it is worth it.  I thought that it was needed to eliminate ticking which is why I mentioned ticking in my original post.

Thanks, I may do it for good measure. I do have some cool shielded cable I have been wanting to try out.

Cody

billstein

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on January 12, 2015, 03:32:35 AM
To be fair, the 1.4 low profile fits in a 1590BB (the 2.1 doesn't), and at least I didn't get ticking :(

Adjusted my post.
I just don't want their to be an expectation of ticking with the 2.1 boards; I just did another run and of the first 100 no one reported ticking, and I don't want there to be an impression that ticking is gonna be a potential issue with the boards.

Back on topic!

Cortexturizer

I just wanted to say that I loved your lovetone entry for the competition bcalla! It is one of the prettier ones. Yeah, I just went there and checked, it was you, the Wobbletrip, amazing looking thing.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

bcalla

Quote from: luks999 on January 12, 2015, 07:14:53 AMlove how shiny the surface of the pedal is. did you use clear coat finish on top?
I used Envirotex.  You can get it at craft stores like Michaels.  Juansolo has a great Envirotex tutorial here:  http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/finishing.html

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 12, 2015, 09:54:53 AM
I just wanted to say that I loved your lovetone entry for the competition bcalla! It is one of the prettier ones. Yeah, I just went there and checked, it was you, the Wobbletrip, amazing looking thing.

Thank you.  I like taking on the complicated builds.  They are so much fun when you succeed.  On the other hand, they spend a loooooong time on your bench when you fail.   ???   I have an ADA flanger that I messed up a few months ago (I actually got a resistor to burn out) and I don't even know what the next step should be.

rullywowr

Excellent work!  Cramming all those jacks in there and still making it tidy is a work of art.  Great job.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

hoodoo

diablochris6

Looks great! Add this to my inspiration to tackle a Lovetone pedal someday!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here