News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No output on cosmpolitan

Started by ckim715, December 30, 2011, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

:o crazy. That doesn't sound good. If you are not getting a signal out of the collector of the bc109 the collector might be shorted or the bc109 could be bad. Sparks indicate that something is shorted. The zener is definitely the first thing i would test, the BS170s are notorious for burning out really easily too.

ckim715

Screw it. I am going to buy a new BS170, new Zener diode, and a new BC109. SUCH a headache. I don't understand how the BC109 could have shorted to begin with, though.
-Charlie

ckim715

The 2n4402 defnitely shorted. There's a chunk of plastic missing at the collector.
-Charlie

JakeFuzz

It sounds like there is just way too much current passing through that position. maybe one of the resistors off of the collectors which connect to the power supply is bad. I would break out the continuity tester and see if there is a short between the two lugs of power supply.

ckim715

definitely. I'm hanging it up for tonight, though. Just getting more and more frustrated. gonna start from square one tomorrow.
-Charlie

ckim715

it works! It was a bad BC109.

Thanks, Jake, for all the help. As frustrating as this whole ordeal was, I'm glad I went through it. I've substantially improved my schematic reading ability as well as my ability to troubleshoot.

the transistor sounds great, I'll post up a clip when I get everything buttoned back up!
-Charlie

Comfort Player

Glad to here you got it up and going, way to stick with it !!
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

ckim715

This thing is FUN!
It's so versatile. I can go from light overdrive to over the top fuzziness all in one pedal. Jebus, why didn't I get this sooner?
-Charlie

JakeFuzz

Sweet! Glad you got it working. Definitely one of my favorites. Everyone should have one  ;D